Friday, April 12, 2019

Eating and Basic Training Essay Example for Free

Eating and Basic Training EssaySweet Tooth Last family in fundamental didactics my battle buddy Brown and I incessantly stole nutri-grain veto and oreos from cabbage (is what army defines as a time to eat) for uses of eating them and transmiting them to others. It all started when I was at a breaking point and I felt like needed something sweet in allege to live or I wouldnt make it to see the next day. So I distinct to slide a few packs of oreos and nutri-grain bars in my pocket to save for later cravings Basic training was a very good learning experience and Im glad I obdurate to put my sustenance on the line and serve this beautiful country. In Basic training sweets was surface limits. My training period lasted well-nigh eighter months. Can you imagine not eating anything sweet for eight months? I hold up I couldnt have. Eating chow, whether it was in the dfac or sphere chow sweets were always in the mist somewhere. The chow manor hall served great food and I loved eating on that point because the food was always hot and it made my stomach feel like it was in heaven. In naive realism I really didnt have a choice but to like chow hall food, because of course, I was in basic training. I was forced to like the food.In the chow hall (dfac) nutri-grain bars was served either single day unless they ran out and were forced to serve fig newtons. Field chow was another(prenominal) technique on how food was distributed to us in basic training. Eating field chow was my least(prenominal) favorite. I hated it. The food served is cold and just plain out disgusting. The best aspect of field chow was receiving oreos. On some days I would trade my whole meal just for a pack of four pack oreos. My battle buddy Brown and I wasnt even friends until we some(prenominal) discovered we were both stealing the sweets from the dfac and field chow.Eventually we decided to work together as a team in order to get the sweets we wanted. We became do good at obtain ing the sweets we chose to keep stealing them. afterwards on, others started to see my battle and I activity and in order not to get caught we had to find a way to satisfy the needs of others so if we didnt eat some of oreos and nutri-grain bars we decided to sell them. You can never go wrong by trying to make money. Have you heard of the apothegm more money more problems? In my position dealing with the sweets, that is a very true statement. at once my battle Brown and I got to use to taking what we want and making a profit thats when the problems started to arise. We felt the means of as we were getting watched. My battle and I decided to lay low. Just an medium day at the gun range it was getting close to winding down time. Field chow was already served and after we leave the range, it was back to the barracks. Always at the end of the day at a gun range we all go through a process called shake down (which a drill sergeants pants you down and make sure no ammunition is in our pockets or on us).Lets not forget I had nutri-grain bars and oreos in my pockets from previous chows. Drill serjeant slowly approaches me. Private ima need for you to empty out all your pockets. Nervously standing there almost some to pee in my pants I didnt know what to do. I quickly replied in a trembling voice, Yes Drill Sergeant. As I went about emptying my pockets all you see argon oreos and nutri-grain bars flowing from my pocket onto the ground. I was so embarrassed. I knew I was in big trouble. Having those items on me was considered contraband.Having contraband in basic training is a serious offence and could cause you to get kicked out basic training. I told the drill sergeants everything and the reason why I had the contraband on me. It was my problem and whatsoever the consequences were I was ready to take forth the responsibility for my actions. Private you already know what to do, FRONT tipped REST POSITION MOVE the drill sergeant yelled with no hesitation. Bei ng in the calculate leaning rest position is the worst possible position to be in. It is a position where you be in the process of about to begin pushups. In that same positions for long periods of time suck.And I had to rack the suck because I chose to have contraband. Honestly sure does get you a long way. In my situation it got me very far. If I would have lied to my drill sergeants by saying I didnt know where the contraband came from or didnt have anything to do with it, I wouldnt even be in the military today. While I was in basic I really didnt care about anything and stretching the truth was my specialty. Once I got transformed from a citizen to a solider I looked at life more differently. I left the past in the past and focused on my future and life sentence by the army values.Integrity is one of the military values and I live up to it every day of my life. In Basic training I learned how to improve myself not only physically but mentally also. I practice honestly every day. That stealing incident at basic training made me make changes in my life especially when it comes to being honest. I made a vow to myself that I will never lie nor steal what does not belong to me again. Until this day I am a changed person and Im proud to say basic training helped me and if I had to do it all over again, I will. I love my country and I will keep on to serve it and live up to my army values.

No comments:

Post a Comment